Monday, May 21, 2012

I'd rather...

I'd rather be nine people's favorite thing than a hundred people's ninth favorite thing. -[TOS]

This is what I call a Quotes Post. Things I've found, or friends have found for me, that I like or feel close to. Enjoy

“I’m in love with everyone I’ve ever met in one way or another. I’m just a crazy, unhinged disaster of a human being.”
- Edie Sedgwick    

And yes. This is so, so true for me.

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." -Robert A Heinlein
This is a thought that gives me great comfort when working with the public.

"It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell." -Buddah
This gives me so much peach. It's incredible.

"You simply can't make someone love you if they don't. You must choose someone who already loves you. If you choose someone who does not love you, this is the kind of love you must want." -Israel Horovitz
How freaking true.

 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quote (from Buddha) I like to read daily is: "Each morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most." I also try to say, out loud, several times a day..."Thank you for my life." Then, a few weeks ago the following thought came into my mind and slipped out of my mouth so I have begun saying it, too. "Thank you for my future."

    Ummm, I removed my first comment because of the typos. Sigh. The fingers will go where they want sometimes.

    ReplyDelete